An Introduction

    Hello, random internet stranger! My name is Jake! I hail from the fair city of Scranton, Pennsylvania (yes, like from The Office) and I am absolutely obsessed with typewriters, hence why I am here today. I have been collecting writing machines for a little over half a year and I have learned a few things in that time. Not much, but some things still. I figure that instead of babbling on like a lunatic to my friends and relatives who are at their wit's end over my hobby, I can instead scream at the top of my lungs into the great and mystical void that is the internet. Hear me roar, cyberverse, HEAR ME ROAR!

    From this blog, you can expect to read all about my misadventures in collecting here in NEPA, as well as my attempts, some successful and other not so much, at repairing machines that the cosmos have gently chucked into my arms from the window of a moving van. Feel free to gather around and watch me question why I bother when the simple fix I try doesn't immediately work, and shake your head in disapproval as I haul home yet another machine that I really don't need, but oh come on!, it was $10, do you know how good a deal that is!?

    Expect me to rear my repairman's head soon, as I have an Olivetti-Underwood Praxis 48 waiting for me to open it up and be confused about its inner workings. I'll leave you with a picture of my beloved Esmerelda, a 1951 Smith-Corona Clipper that I fully refinished this past summer, down to the fabric covering the case. I'll make a post about my experience with her soon as well. Until then, tata for now,

                                                                                                                    Jake




Comments

Popular Posts